Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Extra Duty


Saturday's rain made the water flow and the trails soggy. The rain washed away all of last week's snowfall.

Visit #1225, Sunday 15 December 19, 8:25-10:05AM, 3.5 miles, 17.3lbs. of litter.
Temps in the low 40's, cloudy and breezy as a high pressure system pushes out Saturday's rain.

I was on-call and couldn't stray far, so I cleaned up the closer trails as I stuck to the south side of I-691.

I made my way to the parking area across from Belmont Avenue, then turned around and returned to the park.

A couple Finds of the Week:

The murder weapon.


Season of the Missing Glove 2019 entry #12.


And the second knit hat I've found in two weeks. Like the other hat, I'll wash this one and drop it off at Goodwill.


In the roughly one hour I'd been at it, I collected one bag of trash weighing 7.2lbs. .



Since it had only taken me an hour, I figured I would engage in a little extra duty and do something I don't normally do; pick up trash WITHIN the park proper. I was curious to see if I could beat the 7.2lbs. I already collected, and how long that would take.

I stopped after the second bag was full, which took about 30 minutes. I barely covered half the park's remaining land, and collected another 10.1lbs. of litter.


Since I'm on-call this coming week as well, I may try the same experiment in areas of the park not canvassed this week, and see how I fare.


Get it-"fare"/train? I kill myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment