Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2021

"Too" (3, 4, 5!) Tired

 Visit #1303, Saturday 24 April 21, 12:25-2:30PM, 3.6 miles, 6.9lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 70's, sunny.

After finding an abandoned tire last week, I was reminded of another tire I was aware of down near Merimere Reservoir. I brought a shovel with me this week thinking I could dig it out.

No way.

Enroute, I picked up a lot of broken glass and it was tearing holes in my trash bag. I re-bagged it and left it at the water treatment plant.


Reaching the tire, I gave it a shot. What was I thinking?!




It wouldn't budge so I left it, with a Plan B in mind.

I followed the trails back over I-691 and reached the second tire.


My fantasies of digging this tire out of the ground were just as foolish as the first tire.

I left it for Plan B as well. I returned to the park and dropped off my second bag of trash for the day.


I wasn't going to wait until next week to execute Plan B, but rain was forecast for Sunday.

Well, it was a wet, muddy tire fight. But I was not to be denied my tires!

NOTHING can resist the pull of a comealong...


More digging was required. Can you dig it?


I thought I'd be done here and could head to the other tire back at the reservoir-I was wrong.

There was a SECOND tire underneath the first. It succumbed to my comealong as well.



But wait; there's more!

There was a THIRD buried tire nearby. I had to dig and pull it out as well. 

Then I had to drag them back to the park. This put your Crossfit tire-flipping nonsense to shame because this was REAL work, with three dirt filled tires. In the rain. And mud.


By my estimate, I had to drag them at least 1/4 mile. 

So what about that first tire near the reservoir (now tire #4), you ask?

I returned to it and started work, only to spy a FIFTH buried tire nearby. Ain't gonna happen. Not today. Next week. Maybe.

Just how muddy was it on Sunday?


I went home and stripped in front of the washing machine. I had to wash everything four times. Way too much fun...




No comments:

Post a Comment