Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2021

It Pays To Blog!


 Visit #1333, Sunday 17 October 21, 6:50-10:05AM, 5.0 miles, 12.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 50's rising to the 60's, with a mild breeze.

This past week, I was browsing through the Wanted section of Craigslist when I noticed an ad seeking a long out of production Coleman cooler, the Oscar. It's actually so old that it's often called Vintage.

Well, it just so happened I had one which I had used only three or four times in the 30+ years I've owned it. Time to let it go. I contacted the party and they were ecstatic to find one in immaculate condition at an agreeable price.

Cheryl met me at my place and told me her story: Her husband's Coleman Oscar had finally broken, and he's the type of guy who, when he finds something he likes, won't settle for anything else for a replacement. Cheryl was going to surprise her husband by telling him she had "repaired" his broken cooler and presenting him with the replacement. Now THAT is love!

During our transaction, Cheryl mentioned she had read my blog (the URL is part of my e-mail signature). She then gave me an additional twenty bucks and told me to spend it on more trash bags! Woohoo! Thanks, Cheryl.


This week was another with my pole saw, trimming the roadsides. I made maybe 200 yards of progress.

Some branches were so high I had to extend the saw to its 15 foot limit.

One passing hiker who has seen me before, said while he knew I picked up litter, "did not know you were an arborist too!"


After my allotted hour I folded up the saw and spent my remaining time collecting litter.

There are still a few weeks left to catch the changing foliage so get out there and enjoy it!



2 comments: