Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2022

The Ol' Switcheroo

Visit #1371, Saturday 11 June 22, 6:50-10:25AM, 5.7 miles, 7.4 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 70's, sunny and dry.

Continuing my overhead trimming of the roadside to East/West Peak, I started early to avoid any heat, and cars.

A couple weeks ago, I manned myself with a chainsaw. This week I would be equipped with my polesaw.

Those same two weeks ago, I reported the lock at the northern gate of Hubbard Park had been cut. A mid-week mountain bike ride through the park revealed the lock has been replaced.

As I started up the road toward Merimere Reservoir Saturday morning, I found this manhole cover removal tool, forgotten in place. Must have been quitting time.


Since I have no reason to open manhole covers there's no sense in keeping it. I dropped it off at the water treatment plant up the road, presuming it was theirs and they knew what to do with it.


I started my polesaw work on a low hanging branch I somehow missed during the winter. I forgot to take a "before" photo.


But further up the road where I began my trimming in earnest, I did NOT forget to take a "before" photo.
You can see the low overhanging branches emerging from the right.




This spot is where I ended my trimming for the week. In one hour I didn't make much progress distance-wise. but that's fine by me. Patience and time will produce real results.

Once I hung up the pole saw, I continued up the road toward Castle Craig and switched to only picking up litter.

Along the way, I spotted a sticker on a street sign.


I couldn't reach it adequately because my parents cheated me at birth in the height department. I resorted to caveman thinking and a handy piece of wood to solve my, ahem, "short" coming.


TThe remainder of my hike was a peaceful walk in the woods.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment