Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2022

It Never Gets Boring

Visit #1370, Sunday 5 June 22, 6:20-9:05AM, 4.5 miles, 8.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 60's, sunny and dry.

(Warning: Adult Content-Viewer Discretion Is Advised!)

Most weeks when I'm doing my thang in Hubbard Park, I have a plan in mind, and a theme for the report.

This was NOT one of those weeks. I expected my experience to be boring. 

However; always expect the unexpected!

I went in with the mindset that being mid-season, I'd do a lot of boring trail trimming with my loppers and hedge clippers. I started at the playscape, hiked my way up to Merimere Reservoir, past the Halfway House, down over I-691, and back to the park.

It was routine and boring.

I had a good chunk of time left when I returned to the park so I decided to pick up litter on the road around the playscape.

My Finds of the Week while cleaning around the playscape put an end to boring.

My first Find of the Week, a 20oz. stainless steel vacuum insulated Hydro Flask in new condition,  could be useful, but I already have one. I'll probably clean it and take it to Goodwill.

But THIS takes all-

What kind of Romeo hangs a penis-shaped air freshener in their car?! And NO, you cannot ask me what it smelled like!

I'll try to cleanse your burning eyes from that sight with this parting shot of the trail.



No comments:

Post a Comment