Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Painter's Trifecta

 

Yeah; it was as wonderful as it looks.

Visit #1380, Saturday 13 August 22, 7:15-9:15AM, 3.6 miles, 4.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 60's, sunny, dry, with a light, soothing breeze.

Compared with the previous three weeks' enthusiasm-wilting heat and humidity, this weekend was pure luxury.

I was on a mission to address some recently discovered graffiti.

I hiked west toward the I-691 walkbridge.

I know I have plenty of fans of my work in Hubbard Park, but one person's outpouring of love for me is just too much.

I'd rather flowers or a sonnet.

A week or so ago, I had found a sticker on the gate at parking area across from Belmont Avenue. It was resistant to removal and at that time I only had white spray paint with me. "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.", so I covered it but didn't like the contrasting color.

Time to fix that.

Then:

Saturday morning:

At the end of July I found this new graffiti on the I-691 walkbridge.


My original plan was to brush on some gray paint but due to logistics and cleanup issues I changed my mind and tried a different approach. I brought a cordless drill with a wire brush. It wasn't as successful as I had hoped.


But I did have a backup plan, and that was the gray spray paint I used on the gate. The results were better than the picture reveals.


Walking across the bridge, I found some new graffiti. My usual sandpaper treatment wasn't working as quickly as I wanted.


Ah, but here's where my cordless drill w/wire brush earned its keep, and quickly, too!


Hiking along the trails, I came upon this fallen tree branch. Since next week is a Pole Saw Week®, I will trim back that branch then when I have the proper tools.


Stay tuned for the next gripping installment! Until then, maintain.


No comments:

Post a Comment