Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Our First Snowfall

 Well, if you could call this weekend's accumulation snow worthy of the name.

Visit #1412, Saturday 24 February 23, 2:00-3:50PM, 4.7 miles, no litter.

Temps in the low 20s with gray skies, light snow, and a chilly wind.

For the first time this winter season we actually had enough winter weather to deter all but the hardiest of outdoors people. I saw a few of them on Saturday's hike including a mixed group of eight who camped out overnight beyond West Peak. They and their dog were returning from their adventure as I was heading up to the radio towers.

Conditions were a tad slippery but manageable, even for a mountain bike, although I could tell from the serpentine tire tracks that traction meant following the path with the shallowest grade.

I found this combination doggy poop bag and light, likely dropped by the campers that passed by earlier.

It needs a USB-C charger which I don't have. I also don't have a dog so I don't have a need to illuminate any dog poop.

Hiking in the snow, even if it's just an inch or so, is still a quiet affair because like I said earlier only the hardiest of people venture out in the cold and snow; the rest are home staring at their screens.


Besides enjoying the solitude and the snow and not finding a piece of litter, I did find myself useful.

I found this hat. After I give it the Maytag Treatment, it's off to Goodwill.







No comments:

Post a Comment