Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Takin' Care o' Bidness

 

Have chainsaw, will travel.

Visit #1411, Saturday 18 February 23, 8:55-11:30AM, 4.7 miles, 1.1 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 30s, sunny with a brisk, chilly breeze.

While it was chilly during load-up in the parking lot, within a couple minutes of hiking in the shelter of the trees, I warmed up quickly. Which was good, because while standing around in the parking lot I thought I was under-dressed.

I soon reached the fallen tree which I found last week on a trail on the south side of I-691. Thirty minutes later and the trail was reclaimed.


I hiked over the highway and picked up the Blue Trail toward Castle Craig. Unlike my less than optimal choice last week, good thing I had the chainsaw with me, for I encountered an unexpected fallen tree on this trail and was prepared to clear it.

You can see the Blue Trail marker on the tree in the center of the photo. The road to Castle Craig runs across the upper portion of the photo.


While taking a photo of Castle Craig, I found the remnants of a downed Chinese spy balloon, which you can see in the corner of the photo. The government has prohibited me from publishing more photos. 😉

Only two weeks ago, Merimere Reservoir had a layer of ice. Judging by the missing ice this week, I'd say warmer temps are on the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment