Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Brrrrr-For March?!


 Hardened soil and frozen water on the trails-where's my spring?

Visit #1415, Sunday 19 March 23, 7:35-9:35AM, 5.4 miles, 4.2 lbs. of litter.

Temps around freezing, sunny with a nasty, cold wind.

Okay; so we're a few days shy of the start of spring-how about at least A HINT of it?

When I arrived at the park the sun hadn't even shown its face and the wind was colder than the undertaker's smile. The parking lot was mostly empty, too.

Last week we experienced some quite windy days. This morning I thought inspecting the trails for wind damage would be wise so I hiked all the trails below Castle Craig. Fortunately the trails would require no clearing.


The brook feeding Mirror Lake was on a large dose of Flomax and running like it stole something.


I removed this tree from the trail back in February. Today I met a hiker walking his dog who asked if I did the deed then thanked me. That was nice.

The daffodils are starting to heed the call of spring.


Some daffodils are early risers.


Yeah, spring is a comin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment