Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Where Is Everyone?

 

A little winter weather and everyone stays home with their i-Whatever?! I say it's time for a hike.

Visit #1414, Saturday 11 March 23, 9:35-11:25AM, 4.9 miles, 2.9 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 30s, precip tottering between light snow and drizzle, with a stiff, chill breeze.

Overnight forecasted snow/rain mix turned into nothing, but conditions continued throughout the morning.

I didn't bother to check the weather to see if clearing was in the forecast. I just guessed if the weather persisted then Hubbard Park would likely be devoid of hikers. Time to test my theory.

Properly dressed, I didn't mind the chill, drizzle, or the wind as I walked to and around Merimere Reservoir.

But as I began the climb up the road to the peaks I was surprised to see a change in conditions.


The higher I went, the more of a winterscape I got. This was cool, and beautiful.


Every once in a while the trees would drop a snowball on my head. And the storm was just beginning to move out of the area as you can see by the blue poking through the clouds.


As I returned to the parking lot conditions cleared and more sun shone through.

More snow/rain is forecast for Sunday night and Monday with a possible accumulation of an inch or so. Weather people are calling it a storm. I call it a hiking opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment