Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Hubbard Park Special Projects Unit

 

The team (me) was fully equipped for the mission.

Visit #1417, Sunday 2 April 23, 6:35-8:50AM, 2.25 miles, 38.6 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 40s with a stiff, chill breeze. Sunny.

Once a year I break out the dapper shoes you see above and clean both brooks feeding the Lower Pond in Hubbard Park. It should be done before the Daffodil Festival so the park looks purty, and before the vegetation blooms.

In my favor, this year it seems the parks department trimmed back all the plants on both banks. This was probably done in advance of the dredging of the Lower Pond, scheduled for this year.




Crawling along the banks this morning I found at first what I thought was merely litter, were instead markers for this upcoming project.


On a walkbridge over the brook, I found some graffiti; literally gone in sixty seconds!



Good for another year. I can't wait to see the results of the dredging project.






No comments:

Post a Comment