Visit #1613, Sunday 9 August 26, 6:10-8:05 a.m., 3.5 miles, 4.9 lbs. of litter.
As this article from The Economist points out, a lot can go wrong on the trail and help isn't five minutes away.
Besides the more life threatening things that can happen, you might trip over a fallen tree or get scratches on your face as you brush by a bent branch. This week I removed some of those safety hazards.
Personally, I carry a first aid kid, a special blood clot kit when I bring my chainsaw, compass, emergency whistle, food, water, and a sense of direction!
The first two trees I encountered I wasn't made aware of last week because I didn't hike this particular trail. Which is why I choose this trail this week since I had the big tools with me.
This third tree fell this past week and here I did begin using my chainsaw.
All done to lessen your potential for injury. However, if you get lost or aren't wearing the proper clothes, you're on your own. Be careful out there!












No comments:
Post a Comment