Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2026

I'm Strictly A Poseur

 

Visit #1614, Sunday 16 August 26, 6:15-9:20 a.m., 5.7 miles, 6.9 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 60s, sunny and slightly humid.

Picking up litter on the trails of Hubbard Park is child's play compared to what these ladies do.

Like one woman says in the video, "We're the Green Berets of environmental do-gooders."

I think they are, and that makes me just a lowly Latrine Queen, which in fact I was in Air Force basic training.

So I hiked today in extreme modesty after being humbled by the OLAUG group.

Up by the water treatment plant, I stumbled upon Cat's Patootie #40 since November 2016.

My standard method of removal left a ghost image on the trail marker. I shall return and be victorious!

Behind the water tank I found a newly fallen tree. I shall return next week for that too, in a Power Tool Weekend®.

But this other fallen tree which I came upon didn't have to wait a week for removal. Folding saw to the rescue!


This trash poseur finished his hike.




No comments:

Post a Comment