Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Heralding Fall


 Sunday's cooler temps, after a week of frequent rain, subtly heralds the coming Fall.

Visit #1153, Sunday 19 August 18, 8:40-11:20AM.
Temps in the low 70's, cloudy, with a drying breeze.

The trails were soft, with a number of puddles, after a week of showers and rain. But the hiking was perfect with low humidity and a breeze to keep the mosquitoes in a holding pattern, unable to land and sip from their hosts.

I hiked up to the trail behind the water tank and found I have some future work to do; a tree has fallen across the trail.


At the end of the trail I turned right to check on the lock securing the gate at the south end of Merimere Reservoir. My inspection paid off, in the form of five pennies left on top.


After pocketing my windfall, I turned around and hiked the trails up to the Halfway House, picking up litter along the way.


Cloudy skies stayed with us all day, but at least the clouds looked nice.

I hiked the rest of the trails below the peaks, and trimmed back the foliage on one trail I don't visit often.

Then I pointed myself down and over I-691 via the walkbridge, where I found myself useful.


Since March 2017 visitors to Hubbard Park have been provided the occasional reminder of Donald Trump's dietary habits. Perhaps The Prez would consider this Fake News. Maybe this is the work of Melania!

I was already packing the tools to keep Don's secret.

First I applied Goof-Off and let it sit for a couple minutes, then I scrubbed with a toothbrush.


Not as effective as I'd hoped, but it was a start.


Learning from a past mistake (the fluid gums of the sandpaper), I wiped off the fluid before applying elbow grease and sandpaper.


But I wasn't done. Whoever has inside knowledge of Mr. Trump's eating habits is also a member of the Antifa movement.


I'm an equal-oppotunity graffiti eraser.


One last time for our Fake News, Antifa participant.



If I remove the graffiti, does that label me a Conservative?!

I schlepped back to the parking lot and dropped off my bag of litter for the day.


Next week: Power tools!


No comments:

Post a Comment