Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Great Fall Weather, Continued


Even the geese knew it was a great day to lounge on the grass.

Visit #1214, Sunday 29 September 19, 7:20-9:10AM, 2.8miles, 19.2lbs. of trash.

Temps in the 60's, sunny and dry.

For the second consecutive week, Meriden enjoyed perfect fall weather: clear skies, and temperatures tempting you to bask in the sun, like our wise buddies above.

I started early so my chainsaw wouldn't annoy too many people. After my work two weeks ago,  rerouting a trail, I wasn't satisfied I had blocked the original trail enough. The brush I piled there would surely rot and shrink in short order. I brought my chainsaw to cut up a log and place it where I didn't want hikers to pass.


I cut the log into four pieces and placed them with my existing pile of brush.


It still needs to look more convincing; I'll work on it.

I returned to my vehicle and dropped off the chainsaw, then broke open a trash bag and went looking for litter.

This week, it truly paid to look for litter.


Since I was on-call this week, I didn't wander far, and in order to fulfill my self-imposed two hour minimum in Hubbard Park, I walked around the playscape and parking lot, picking up trash as well as on the trails. Done for the day, I was going to join the geese above, but I wasn't going to share my dollar.


No comments:

Post a Comment