Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Peace and Quiet


Rain would be a threat all day Sunday, but it came to nothing.

Visit #1215, Sunday 6 October 19, 9:20AM-12:10PM, 5.2 miles, 19.6lbs. of litter.

I was craving some peace and quiet on Sunday, so I chose a hiking route that would take me far from the noise and commotion of urban life. Hubbard Park has many trails that can fill my prescription, and yours.

I gathered my gear and quickly hiked over I-691, distancing myself from the drone and rumble of highway traffic. I hiked up to West Peak,  where I covered over some graffiti a couple weeks ago. I wasn't satisfied with the color I had at the time, so I returned with spray paint that was a better match.



It will dry to a flat finish and be almost indistinguishable from the pre-existing brown.

I picked up trash around the area then headed to a much quieter trail. So quiet, you could hear the remnants of the Big Bang.


On the way down, I came across some rare, Woodland Oysters. As oysters migrate south for the winter, they will make stops along the way when they get tired of flying and want to bed down for the night. Problem is, while resting they are subject to predators as this unfortunate flock discovered.  😏


Just before reaching the road, I found this stool on the trail. How it got there or why, I don't know.


It was light enough to carry back, but now I had both hands full.

Further on, I found this slug picking up some vegetables at the farmer's market.


Back to the noise of civilization, I quietly dropped off my trash for the day.


P.S. Did you get your Halloween candy yet? I did, and if I keep sampling it to ensure its quality, there won't be any left for the trick or treaters!


No comments:

Post a Comment