Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Summertime, An' The Livin' Is Easy


Gershwin couldn't have been more right. (Cut me some slack-I know it's not officially summer yet!)

Visit #1253, Saturday 13 June 20, 6:40-9:15AM, 5.0 miles, 7.2lbs. of litter.
Temps in the low 60's, sunny and dry.

I took a mountain bike ride through Hubbard Park early this week on another summertime-like day, which set my route for Saturday's hike.

Our park's rock painting elf continues their work, as I found this week and on Saturday.





Last week I reported on a banner strung on the I-691 walkbridge. From my bike ride earlier this week, I discovered the remnants of Banner 2.0 which must have been installed sometime during the past week.


 I removed all the string.


What I didn't tell you last week is, I sprayed weed killer on the vines growing on the walkbridge fencing. This week I took the opportunity to trim the dead vines.


I hiked up to West Peak, cleaned up the area and the parking lot, then walked the road down and back toward the park. Yeah, the livin' was easy this Saturday morning.


Geese staged a line-up for me in Merimere Reservoir. I never did identify which one pooped on the road.


 The Covid Mask haul for the week tallied four.





Versus last week,  I didn't forget to take my gloves!


And the rest of the weekend would be more livin' easy.




2 comments: