Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Putting the "E" in Early


Visit @1101, Saturday 7 September 17, 6:40-8:50AM, 3.8 miles.
Temps in the 60's, cloudy and foggy.

This week I wanted to paint over the graffiti I found last week. I started so early because I wanted to return home in time to watch the last hour of the final "classic" one day bicycle race of the year, the Giro di Lombardia.


If you don't want to watch the last 30km. then at least watch Laurens de Plus' crash.


That hurts to watch no matter what language it's in!

First, I'd like to point out the extent I go to for your entertainment.

That tree I removed from the trail last week-the tree by Merimere Reservoir-it was wrapped in poison ivy. And just how do I know?...


Does my forearm look fat in this dress?!

Crossing the walkbridge over I-691 I encountered new graffiti. Now that I'm packing my graffiti removal kit, it was easy to deal with.





What I failed to account for is the condensation on the steel. Because of it, my sandpaper clogged easily. Remind me to bring rags next time. That's YOU I'm talking to!

Anyway, enroute to the graffiti, I came upon Colorado'd Tree #18 in Hubbard Park.


I reached the graffiti on the rock and pulled out the paint.





Then my "Spidey senses" started to tingle, which told me to check the backside of the adjacent rock.


This looks more recent than the date on the "Zone 2011" would have you believe. I think I'm going to have to check West Peak again. Stay tuned next week to see if I'm right.


I doubled back and picked up litter at the parking area across from Belmont Avenue, as well as the parking area in the northwest corner of Mirror Lake. I then looped around the retention ponds, returned to the parking lot, and dropped off my bag of litter for the week.


But that Colorado'd tree was bugging me, so I returned to Hubbard Park the same zero dark thirty on Sunday morning and went all lumberjack on it.


As I returned to my vehicle, the ducks were just getting into their morning laps.


No comments:

Post a Comment