Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Best Laid Plans


Hubbard Park was just as calm and quiet this morning as the water suggests.

Visit #1158, Sunday 16 September 18, 7:40-10:45AM, 4.4 miles.
Temps in the 70's, with moderate humidity and temps reaching the 80's, sunny.

Last week I took a "sans trail maintenance" hike along the ridgeline you see in the photo above, with no intention of picking up litter. This week I returned to the same trail to collect what I ignored then . Also, there was some graffiti at Castle Craig I found last week which needed tools and time I didn't have then. I would take care of it this week.

I enjoyed the quiet morning around Merimere Reservoir until I reached a small parking area and discovered a large amount of garbage discarded in the bushes. I dragged everything to the roadside for later collection by the Meriden Parks Department.



I continued around the reservoir and picked up the Blue Trail rising above the water which looked peaceful from above as well.


And this is about as close as I got toward Castle Craig when I was paged for a service call.


You see, I was on-call for my job just for today, and gambled I could accomplish all my plans without being bothered. That graffiti will have to wait. At least the photo turned out nice!

I hustled back to the park and deposited my trash for the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment