Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Burn Off That Turkey!


Visit #1168, Saturday 24 November 18, 11:00AM-1:30PM, 3.2 miles.
Temps in the low 40's, overcast.

Alright dear reader; Thanksgiving is over.  While you gorged on the traditional Thanksgiving trappings; turkey, cranberry sauce, and that Syrup of Ipecac substitute, Green Bean Casserole, I pointed my appetite in another direction.

I hate tradition, but figured I'd be jailed if I didn't try to fatten myself up during the holiday due to some violation of American law. So I made my own homage to gluttony.

Elvis Banana Bread!

The batter included bananas (of course), peanut butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, bacon fat, and crumbled bacon.

But I wasn't done there.

The frosting: More peanut butter and more crumbled bacon!

Eating that put me in a position requiring I burn off those calories, so on Saturday I ventured to Hubbard Park.

The temperatures, and the weather made it ideal for my annual purging of the slope beneath Castle Craig of all the bottles and cans tossed over the wall in the last year.


But first I had to burn a few calories to reach the slope.

I started at the Soap Box Derby track and as I passed under I-691 I found this large section of drainage pipe.


How or why it wound up there, I don't know. I dragged it back to the pack and tossed it over the gate so the Meriden Parks Department would carry it away later.


This photo gives you a better idea of how large and long it was.


Then I headed to my task for the week, and returned via the same route. I left my trash bags at the water treatment plant as they were too heavy to lug back to the park.


After burning all those calories crawling around on the slope, I went home to replenish and refuel, with my holiday leftovers.


I hope you had a plan to incinerate all the calories YOU ate on Thanksgiving; your couch does have a weight limit, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment