Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Daylight Standard


High winds and rain brought down a lot of leaves on Saturday but did nothing to diminish the fall color.

Visit #1165, Sunday 4 November 18, 7:50-9:40AM, 3.9 miles.

I brought my chainsaw with me this week as I wanted to cut back a tree which had fallen across the main trail on the south side of I-691 sometime in early October. But I chose to hike the long, counterclockwise route to reach it.

I started at the Soap Box Derby track and hiked up to Merimere Reservoir and on the trails to the Halfway House, where I discovered our Christian graffiti vandal was at it for the 11th time.


But I was prepared, and took some sandpaper to it.


The rising sun was feeling pretty warm right about now, prompting me to shed my fleece layer.

Further on up the trail I found a tree which must have succumbed to yesterday's high winds and rain.
Fortunately I was prepared with my chainsaw.


Unfortunately, I had a Daylight Standard Time Brain Fart (You did remember to set your clocks back, didn't you?) and forgot to take an After photo.

I moved on, crossed over I-691, and reached my original objective.


Nothing major; I just cut it a little shorter so hikers wouldn't bump in to it.


I returned to the parking lot to drop off my bag of trash and set out to enjoy the warmth of the first Daylight Standard day of the season.



No comments:

Post a Comment