Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Changes

 Visit #1368, Sunday 22 May 22, 7:00-10:00AM, 4.8 miles, 2.9 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 70s reaching 90 today. In the midst of a freak, two day mid-spring heatwave. Very humid.

The unusual change in weather was certainly a jolt to the system. It did not affect my plans.

What DID affect my plans was, I was on-call this weekend. I had planned to use my chainsaw to remove a couple fallen trees on the Blue Trail near West Peak, as well as use my chainsaw to continue trimming the roadsides up to East West Peak.

But with a running chainsaw I would not hear my phone if I received a service call. So I ditched the power tools and used only hand tools for trimming. The fallen trees will have to wait until next week.

As I walked around Merimere Reservoir I  noticed some new graffiti on the gate at the south end.

This would give me an opportunity to baptize my new graffiti scrub brush! I previously carried a toothbrush but it's proved too small for the jobs I encounter.  Move over wimp; here comes the big guy!


I kept finding those F!CK Biden stickers and removed them when found. Today I counted four. Regardless of your political affiliation, they have to go.



Beyond the north end of Merimere Reservoir, I picked up where I left off a couple week's ago. Despite having only hand tools, I felt I made reasonable progress.

Before:

After:


Completing my self-imposed hour of trimming, I walked up the road collecting litter, then hiked my way back to the park, which was looking positively mid-summer to me.







2 comments: