Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Onward Thru The Fog!

 


That's your humble author patrolling the trails of Hubbard Park.

Visit #1367, Sunday 15 May 22, 7:15-9:45AM, 4.7 miles, 10.0lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 60's, very foggy.

While writing this blog entry, I had to look up the origin of the phrase "onward through the fog" which is how I discovered my photo above. The origin of the phrase, you can find HERE. Check out the various links, images, etc. 

I didn't expect it to be so foggy this morning. I hadn't hiked in these conditions in a long time.

The daffodils have done their job for this year. Time to pack it in and collect unemployment until next year.

Along the Blue Trail up to West Peak there are two trees down across the trail. I will remove them next week. This one is so large it will require installing the 20" bar on my chainsaw.

Up at West Peak, you were inside the fog bank. The fog was palpable.

I found some new graffiti on the rocks, which I removed.


Looking east toward Meriden from the Halfway House, you were underneath the cloud cover and could see the city. That was quite a contrast from higher up.

I have to go home now and fuel up my chicken for next week's adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment