Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Solitude and Suffering

 

Some rain, high winds; what a great day to be out in the woods.

Visit #1398, Saturday 3 December 22, 9:30-11:30AM, 4.2 miles, 9.3 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 50s with steady rain and high winds.

Every once in a while you just have to immerse yourself in nature. On Saturday I put on all my GoreTex and decided to suffer a little.

I figured with the way the winds were blowing I might find some downed trees on the trails in Hubbard Park. That was not the case, although I did find a number of smaller branches, which I removed from the trails, of course.

Nearing the Halfway House, I found a trail marker on the ground, which was unfortunately vandalized. Looks like stenciled trail markers are the only solution, as I've even seen the metal Blue Blazed Trail markers vandalized.

I hiked all the trails below the East and West Peak and crossed over I-691. On the return leg I learned Glenda loves Cocho. I also learned how well my new brass bristle brush works on rocks to remove graffiti.


Despite all my high tech clothing, my pants were still soaked at hike's end. It felt good to get home and into some dry clothing. But the suffering felt good, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment