Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Fever Broke

 After a week of heat wave conditions, the weather turned glorious, ushered in by a late Saturday thunderstorm. I couldn't help but think of Todd Rundgren's song, "Fever Broke" because that's how the change in weather felt to me. Go ahead and give it a listen while you read on.


As I hiked around Merimere Reservoir, I kept an eye out for graffiti on the spillway and found some, which I removed in less time than it took to photograph.


It was my brass brush which did the lickety-split.




Up at West Peak I continued my roadside trimming project. This week I began to trim the perimeter of the West Peak parking lot. I did this once before, in 2015. At that time, I wasn't aware of such a thing as a pole saw, so I used my loppers and a step ladder. It wasn't as efficient and the reach wasn't as great. Now that I have a pole saw I will give the parking area a proper, enduring haircut in the next two weeks or so.


I stopped after one hour and hiked back to the park, enjoying the change in weather all the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment