Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2023

All Good Things Must Come To Pass


 Visit #1445, Sunday 1 October 23, 7:15-9:05AM, 4.0 miles, 3.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the high 50s, rising through the 70s, sunny.

Last week I reported on the insane increase in the number of views this blog was seeing as of recent.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

Perhaps as a result of me opening my big mouth, the number of views have dropped down to typical levels of perhaps a dozen or so per day.

Sunday, while dry and sunny, left many of the trails with strong flowing streams.

I had promised this week would be a Power Tool Weekend®. I learned that the first tree I found across the trail had been removed which left only one tree and it was a small diameter one. So I switched to Manual Labor Weekend®.

Here was the tree.

Here was the manual labor.


After four minutes.

I hiked over to the Halfway House and was surprised to see it was given a late season trim. A wise move considering the upcoming leaf peeping season. You can see in the photo the leaves are already changing color.


Also at the Halfway House, there is a person whose name I forget who was trying to reintroduce the American Chestnut tree to Hubbard Park and had planted saplings around the Halfway House and elsewhere nearby. On rare occasions I would find the man with his SUV at the Halfway House tending to the trees such as watering them.

I don't know whether it was related to the grass cutting, but the wire mesh protecting the saplings and the associated signage is gone.







As my hike came to pass it was turning out to be a nice fall day.


No comments:

Post a Comment