Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2023

In The Year Of Our Lord

 

... 2023 A.D.

Visit #1446, Sunday 8 October 23, 7:30-10:25AM, 4.9 miles, 4.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 50s rising to the low 60s, sunny and breezy.

It's Week "AD" in my almost completed project trimming the roadsides to East and West Peak. That translates into roughly sixty weeks since the beginning, which really started in August 2021.

I trekked my way up the Blue Trail toward West Peak and found a newly fallen tree which wouldn't budge so I'll bring tools next week to remove it.

Up at West Peak I came upon my Find of the Week.

All those bottles were filled with anti-freeze. How environmentally considerate of the dumper to bottle the fluid rather than drain it directly into the ground. 😕

I stacked all the filled containers behind the fence surrounding the microwave tower. I'll contact the Meriden Parks Department and ask them to pick up the bottles.

Roadside trimming continues.

I call this time of year "Lemon-Lime Season" because the colors of the leaves remind me of that soda.

Down at Merimere Reservoir was an unusual sight: 

The "Public Water Supply" sign which I documented in early September, has been stolen. I'll notify the Meriden Water Department and see how they respond.

Last week's, and yesterday's rain have resulted in strong water flow from Merimere Reservoir.

Foliage season is upon us and the next few weeks will offer the best colors so get out there, at least before 2024 A.D. 






No comments:

Post a Comment