Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2024

Blink and You Missed It

 

Fall colors were at their peak this weekend and if you weren't in Hubbard Park this weekend well my conclusion is; you missed it!

Visit #1500,  Saturday 19 October 24, 7:00-9:00AM, 5.2 miles, 3.1 lbs of litter.

Temps in the low 50s, sunny and dry, rising to the low 70s.

A week away from Hubbard Park made this week's hike refreshing.

I walked the road around Merimere Reservoir and as I walked uphill was thrilled to see the Meriden Parks Department wasted no time in filling the many potholes I pointed out in an earlier post. I'm sure many people will appreciate the department's attention to this issue.

The road is now a later safer for cyclists who dare to bomb down the hill, hopefully avoiding injuries like this unfortunate cyclist received. It will be better for cars, too.

Oh, did I forget to mention the foliage was at its peak? That's Sleeping Giant State Park in the far background and near the center of the photo, the water "onion" at the top of Johnson Avenue.

Hiking down on the lower trails, I came upon some new graffiti which I'll take care of next week. This was signed by "Bella and Mom".


The gray paint is my previous effort at covering over other graffiti.

In case you didn't get the message yet, the foliage was at its peak this weekend. Of course, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!


Those colors always remind me of lemon-lime soda. I'll have to drink a can this week to celebrate.

And passing the birch trees which keep getting tagged by some vandal despite my attempts to dissuade them by painting over it with black paint, it's been tagged again.


I guess I'll have to carry black paint again next week.

Back at the park to drop off my bag of litter,  I found someone dressed Noah in a hoodie. I find this a great disrespect for Noah's memory. I removed the hoodie and will wash and deliver it to Goodwill.


I leave you this week with another foliage shot. It's only going to turn brown from here on!






No comments:

Post a Comment