Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Beat The Heat

 

The high temps and humidity weighed heavily on Meriden. From my observations, it kept many people off the trails and inside some air-conditioned comfort space.

Visit #1317, Saturday 17 July 21, 7:15-10:00AM, 3.9 miles, 8.9lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 70's, rising to near 90, hazy sun with high humidity.

It was steamy out there, even in the early morning hours.

I'd recently noticed a tree encroaching upon the road up near Castle Craig, so I brought my chainsaw and loppers to clean up the space. The fallen tree was presssing on some other foliage so all of it would have to go.

No chainsaw cameo this time (it was feeling shy today), just a trash bag cameo, but it's all cleaned up now.

Reaching Castle Craig, I cleaned up the parking lot and surrounding area. I noticed all three klieg lights for the flagpole have shiny new grilles and electrical connections.

In 2017 I painted over these cans as they were looking pretty shabby; they were non functional then, and missing the covers. I'll have to check 'em out at night to see if the lights are actually working. They sure look good now with the covers.

I headed back down to the park, to the Face Rock. Last week I removed some graffiti from the Face Rock but was concerned the Goof-Off I used would discolor the rock.

Using a spray bottle filled with diluted dishwashing soap, I gave the Face Rock an exfoliating facial scrub.

There's no telling whether that will result in younger looking skin. It sure is squeaky clean, though!

I made rounds of trails closer to the park, picking up litter, then hastily made a path to air-conditioned comfort myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment