Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Table for One, Please


I had Restaurant Hubbard Park all to myself Sunday morning.

Visit #1350, Sunday 13 February 22, 7:45-10:20AM, 3.5 miles, 0.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps hovering around 30, snow falling.

Saturday was a tease of spring; there was no snow on the ground and it was a freaky 50 degrees and sunny. I took a bike ride past a couple popular hiking spots and it was wall-to-wall backpacks and granola bars.

But this morning...?

While everybody else was at home sipping their frappadunkachinocafemacchiatogrande and getting their disinformation from social media, I took advantage of weather which was just as wonderful as Saturday's.

A blanket of snow put the kibosh on any effort at finding litter, so I didn't focus on that today. Instead I would begin trimming the right hand side of the road leading from the park up to Castle Craig. (For those not aware, I've already trimmed the left hand side.)

While walking up the road toward Merimere Reservoir, I spotted a little piece of patriotism by the retention ponds.

I was informed the iron I left at the water treatment plant TWO MONTHS AGO was FINALLY removed last week by the water department!

I spent my first hour trimming low hanging branches, and was pleased with my progress.

With that done, I turned around and picked up the trails at the south end of the reservoir. Good thing too, as I found this fallen tree, which I removed from the trail.


Snow had lowered various other tree branches along the trails and I took advantage of the pole saw to prune them.

The walkbridge over I-691 was a snow-crusted tunnel.

It was also a graffiti magnet.

I removed the graffiti and left the snow.

Back at the park, I finished my meal. Check, please! Scattered snow showers would be on the menu for the remainder of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment