Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Winter Backpedals

 It was reasonably warm on Thursday and Friday. What happened?

Visit #1351, Sunday 20 February 22, 7:20-9:40AM, 5.6 miles, 9.4lbs. of litter.

Temps in the teens, sunny and cloudless, but still chilly enough to keep your ears covered!

It was a good day to take a longer hike. The road around Merimere Reservoir was now ice-free, and the rising sun would warm the paved path, keeping conditions comfortable despite the low temps.

I was on the road barely five minutes when I had collected FOUR dog poop bags! I actually collected two more after picking up these. Gotta wonder about the individual that gathers the poop in a bag then leaves the bag. I think the dogs deserve more conscientious owners.

Besides dog poop bags, I found two hats today. Here's one of them. Once they thaw out, I'll wash them and bring them to Goodwill.

But today's most interesting find was Season of the Missing Glove 2021/22, Entries 9, 10, and 11, Bruce Willen Edition.




So who is Bruce Willen? Seems he has an attraction to lost gloves, too.
   The difference between us is he's a REAL artist, while I can barely draw bath water.

After listening to the NPR article, you can check out video of his installation HERE.

I returned to the park and dropped off my litter today. Do three orphaned gloves in a trash bag
constitute art? How about if I hang bags of dog poop on the fence?












No comments:

Post a Comment