Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Double Overtime?!

 

Who would want to work on a day like this, even if it meant double overtime?

Visit # 1428, Sunday 18 June 23, 6:40-10:00AM, 4.7 miles, 17.3 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the high 60s, sunny, dry, breezy, with a slight touch of mosquitos.

This was a week to continue trimming the roadside as I progress toward West Peak.

It was while trimming this section of road that a hiker came by and said "Double overtime; must be nice!"

It took me a few seconds to grasp the reference. When I informed him I didn't punch a clock for this, we both had a good laugh.

After trimming for an hour I packed up and headed toward West Peak. Along the way I found a discarded bag of trash. Too large to carry, I later returned in my vehicle to re-bag and retrieve it.


Hiking over the I-691 walkbridge on my way back to the parking lot, I came upon some new graffiti.


I laid out my tools and went to work removing it.

Here it is mid-removal.


A nice, clean finish.


Alas, I didn't have to walk much further before I encountered more.


Well, all MY homies hate graffiti. By the way, that letter "A" in the circle is the symbol for anarchism.

Not as clean a removal as the first one, but close enough. I was running out of cleaning fluid, and time.


It was not to be the end of the graffiti, however. I almost reached the end of the walkbridge.


I can assure you it won't "still" be there next weekend. I found more graffiti as I drove up to West Peak to pick up the bag of trash, which sorta firms up my hiking route for next weekend. Now, to go home and resupply...

Happy Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment