Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Graffiti Roundup

 

Sunday morning's humidity was so thick you could SEE it, and barely see the Halfway House.

Visit #1428x, Thursday 22 June 23, 6:00-700PM. Mileage n/a.

Visit #1429, Sunday 25 June 23, 7:00-9:25AM, 4.7 miles, 7.1 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the mid-70s, cloudy with brutal humidity.

In last week's blog post I reported finding more graffiti than I had time to address.

I had originally planned on cleaning all of it up in one day. But I suspected I might find more in places I had not been last week. Also, I had another issue to address. So on Thursday I rode my bike up to East/West Peak to see, and do, what I could.

During last week's roadside trimming I forgot to bring spray paint to mark the road where I left off.

So part of my ride up to West Peak was to do so.

"X" marks the spot. I use letters versus numbers so as not to confuse other road users it's a measurement of some sort.

As you can see from the one pannier on my bike, I was carrying equipment to tackle at least one piece of graffiti left over from last week. I left West Peak and rode over to the walkbridge over I-691.


I brushed off any debris and applied Goo Gone. The crappy brown stuff did not remove with a brushing.

I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for scrubbing. I could probably gotten away with a Scotchbrite pad.

A few minutes of work, and I finished off the area with some household cleaner.


While I was on the walkbridge I thought I'd check the rest of the walkbridge in case there was new graffiti or something I missed last week. There was.


This cleaned quickly; I was in a groove!


Cleaning the walkbridge on Thursday would save me some time on Sunday morning.

So on Sunday I quickly proceeded to the other location of graffiti I spied last week, the water treatment plant building.


While I started with the Goo Gone again, this was not cleaning off as fast as I would like.


So I brought my Atomic Graffiti Remover (in the blue can) and finished the job. It will evaporate and leave no trace.


I would have gotten things cleaner, quicker, and with more excitement, had I used Brighto! Alas, it hasn't been sold since 1937. (The youtube video is blocked; click on the "Brighto" link to view.)


I hiked over to West Peak and cleaned up some minor graffiti. It was a foggy, humid, non-view.


I retuned to the car and wondered, which Stooge do I most resemble?!




No comments:

Post a Comment