Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Deal With It

 

The heatwave continues, but a slight cool breeze from the reservoir took the edge off.

Visit #1486, 6:40-8:20AM, 3.7 miles, 4.1 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 70s, humidity a whopping 93% with a dew point higher than the temperature!

You can predict how many people you'll see recreating in Hubbard Park by eyeballing the weather.

Sunday's conditions kept the crowds at bay which is what I expected.

I was curious to see how clean Castle Craig would be after Wednesday's fireworks show so that's where I was headed this morning.

The parks crew did a spectacular job cleaning up the park itself after the festivities; did it extend up the the peak? Let's see.

But first, earlier this week I took a bike ride on some trails and found a fallen tree which I was able to remove without any tools.


I rode over to the Halfway House-I received an e-mail from Chris Bourdon telling me his crew did mow around the area as I requested early in June. The Halfway House will now look good for the rest of the season. My thanks to Chris and his parks department workers.

Over at Merimere Reservoir on Sunday morning I found this hat. Not exactly something to wear to mom's house. Needless to say, I won't be washing and giving this to Goodwill.

Up at Castle Craig, the area was virtually spotless; I was impressed. However, there was one "i" which wasn't dotted. I took care of it.

The flag was powered by an even cooler breeze at this elevation.

Goodness knows I needed to cool down, so I sat down at the bench at the base of Castle Craig and took in the early morning view east for a few minutes.


On the return trip to the parking lot I stopped to clear one leaning tree and trim another fallen tree encroaching upon the trail.





I was glad to take off my sweat soaked backpack.


But my entertainment didn't end at Hubbard Park this morning. Leaving Hubbard Park, I stopped at the bank ATM for some grocery cash and couldn't help but notice what was in the wastebasket.


Here's double meaning to the phrase, "throwing away money", and at a bank, no less. Maybe they withdrew more money to buy more lottery tickets...



No comments:

Post a Comment