Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Peace

 

Every once in a while you hit a morning where you have the entire park to yourself. Of course, it doesn't hurt to start early, and in iffy conditions. This was one of those mornings.

Visit #1482, Sunday 9 June 24, 6:30-8:45AM, 5.2 miles, 2.3 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 60s, cloudy with a period of light showers.

There was a rain shower when I woke up, but it passed by the time I left the house for Hubbard Park. Little did I know it would return later.

The weather was perfect if you were a mosquito as I soon found out. This is my second warning; bring repellent if you're going to go hiking.

As I headed west toward the I-691 walkbridge I found Connecticut's version of Coloradoing a tree #22, which I removed from the trail.


Someone doesn't like me or maybe my work in Hubbard Park, and feels the need to express themselves.


Presumably the same owner of the magic marker has decided to give themselves a name.



Today I found a lot of these prayer notes, thanking their higher power for everything but the person who picks up their litter - me.


Up at West Peak, I found two abandoned car tires and placed them against the fence near the old microwave tower. I'll ask the parks department to pick them up.


Leaving West Peak via the road, it started to shower but the tree canopy kept me mostly dry.

I pretty much had the place to myself.


My Find of the Week was Microfiber Towel #10. So far I've never had to buy one when Hubbard Park keeps supplying them.


Just another peaceful hike. I can't wait for the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment