Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Yard Work

 Visit #1425, Saturday 27 May 23, 7:15-9:15AM, 4.6 miles, 1.8 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 60s, sunny and dry.

Yard work; what I saw a lot of people engaged in as I rode my bike this Memorial Day weekend.

I did a little bit of "yard work" myself this weekend in Hubbard Park.

I hadn't hiked by the Halfway House in a number of weeks and as has been my experience, the grass starts to get high and the weeds grow like crazy around May/June.

To keep them under control, I brought some weed killer this week and sprayed it liberally around the Halfway House.

Sometime in June I'll put in a request to the Meriden Parks Department asking them to give the area its annual crew cut. In the meantime I'll report to you on the progress of the weed killer.

Besides the weed killer I used my loppers liberally to trim low hanging branches, and hedge clippers to push back the thorn bushes.

Now it's time to enjoy the rest of the Memorial Day weekend, and pause to remember those who died serving our country.



No comments:

Post a Comment