Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Anniversary!

 

Happy 10th Anniversary to the blog! The blog actually existed for five years prior to that by direct e-mail postings to select individuals, for security reasons. There's no telling whether I'll make it to the 20th anniversary!

Visit #1423, Sunday 14 May 23, 6:45-9:20AM, 5.6 miles, 2.6 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 50s to low 60s, sunny with a light breeze.

My chainsaw was fueled from some unrelated work on Saturday and I didn't want to drain the fuel tank, so I decided to schlep it into Hubbard Park on Sunday to remove a fallen tree which I discovered in April.

I walked around Merimere Reservoir and just before reaching the trail head I found this hall pass.

I sent Mr. Migliaro, from the Security Team at Norwalk High School, an e-mail asking him to talk to Gabe about littering! I'll be curious to see if I get a response.

Removing the fallen tree was going to be easy.



I packed up the chainsaw and proceeded up the trail. Along the way I kept finding these pink ribbons tied around trees, just as I did in April.

Today I found 13 of 'em. And as in April, I removed all of them.

Let's see if this trend repeats itself.

I continued hiking over to West Peak where I cleaned up the parking area and the trail to the peak.

I also found some new graffiti.

Out came the tools and I scrubbed away.

Returning to the park, I stopped to admire my recent work replacing a broken plank on the wooden walkbridge. With a week's dirt and footprints, it's blending in nicely with the existing planks.


After returning to the parking lot and heading toward my car I found a quarter!


I figured it must be my 10th Anniversary present but alas, the U.S. quarter has no tin or aluminum in it. A quarter is actually composed of nickel and copper.

I'm not fussy; I'll take it!




No comments:

Post a Comment